WHAT IS G-CIDE?
As a stand alone product added to carefully tested formulations, G-cide can be used as a disinfectant, preservative and sanitizer. The range of products which can incorporate G-cide as a substitute for existing ingredients is extensive and spread amongst many industries. Target market choice therefore is based on experience and demand.
- G-Cide is a worldwide patented surfactant-modified glutaraldehyde.
- A pH-neutral, low volatile, non irritant, non nitrosamine forming, stabilized unique chemical complex.
- The most effective chemical for killing bacteria, viruses, fungi, moulds and spores without having to pre-activateit.
- Requires no special chemical-breathing apparatus or clothing.
- Requires no pre-activation prior to use, so no mixing is required.
- Is totally biodegradable to carbon dioxide and water.
- Has no chlorines, halogens, ammonia, amides or amines in its chemical structure.
It is registered with the SABS as a:
- Detergent disinfectant in terms of the Compulsory Registration of Disinfectants and Detergent Disinfectants.
- Sporocidal disinfectant for the sterilisation of medical instruments.
- Non-corrosive to metals, plastics or skin Available in concentrated quantities that makes it easy to dilute with water.
- Does not cause microbial resistance Has been tested for efficacy against the super bugs MRSA and VRE
New Developments Include:
- G-cide formulations that have residual effects of up to 14 days.
- Ability to seal G-cide onto surfaces using vinyl polymers, which creates a slow release of the G-cide onto floors (potential application in chicken houses)
- The addition of G-cide to medical lubricant gels.
- Pre-filter disinfection in air-conditioning maintenance is a new application, which is very important in respects to the SARS virus.
- A product that will prevent fungus growth and various other diseases on golf course greens.
- Alternative disinfectant products to chlorine based solutions that will be used in the citrus industry.
- CIP (Clean in Process) solutions for the interior cleansing of liquid fillers.